Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gotta Love Playdates


Today we had a play date with my friend Heather and her girls. I first met Heather at Bryce's swim lessons this summer. She was pregnant with her third and I was pregnant with Grant. We discovered we were due about the same time and lived a block away from each other.(when we were living at my folks)We quickly became friends and found many other things in common; ie type of hair, parenting styles,hobbies, and loneliness.

Heather has three girls: Lydia 6, Eden 2, and Boston 7weeks. Eden and Bryce are good friends and were in the same swim class. Grant is 2 hours older than Boston! That's right Heather and I both had our babies the same day and get this! We were discharged the same day too! lol

Back to today.. Heather came over with the two younger ones and we got to visit and watch the kids play. Grant and Boston's schedules were a little off so they didn't get to play much. Grant slept when Boston was awake and vice versa. unfortunately I wasn't able to get pictures....next time though!!

The things I like about play dates is a chance to visit with another mom, another set of eyes and hands, and the kids take really good naps!

Heather told me she is starting a play group at her house every tuesday morning. She has been feeling lonely and out of touch with adults. I feel the same way and so I plan to go to as many of her play groups as possible..maybe even start one here as well. :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the picture! I can't believe how big the boys are getting! How ar eyou doing? I miss you