Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Snuggles and cuddles

My poor little guy is sick! Jim and I awoke Monday night at 3am to Bryce screaming in his bed. Normally we put Bryce down at 8pm and don't hear from him again until 8am so we knew something was wrong. When we went into his room we saw he had thrown up all over his bed and himself. Poor guy. We cleaned him up and changed his bed and pjs and put him back to bed. Then in the morning when I went to get him he had diarrhea all over himself and the bed. So off to the bath he went. He still was in a pretty good mood. The good thing about Bryce is he really isn't a fussy baby. When he doesn't feel well he just wants to be cuddled and hugged. He took a four hour nap that day and then when he woke up he threw up everything I gave him to eat or drink and had two more bouts of diarrhea. After a call to the pediatrician the nurse warned me to watch for wet diapers. If he continued to not have them he needed to go to the ER. Luckily, Bryce had a wet diaper after lots of water and powerade so we were saved from that ordeal.

Today he seems better. He has kept down cereal, applesauce and liquids. The nurse had told me it was probably the 24 hour stomach bug going around. I'm praying I don't get it as I have had enough throwing up in the last year and half thank you very much!! Not to mention the challenge it would be to care for a toddler and be sick.

Please pray Bryce continues to get well and have wet diapers and that we don't get the bug. Dehydration can be very serious and sometimes fatal in infants. That is very scary to me but I'm trusting the Lord to protect my baby. After all he is the Good Physician.

No comments: