Monday, April 14, 2008

Miscommunication


So Friday I had my 20 week OB appointment and last ultrasound. (They don't do another one unless there is a problem.) This is the ultrasound where if we wanted we could find out the sex of the baby. Jim and I had decided not to find out and be surprised again.
I think they got new machines because I don't remember seeing such detail with Bryce. It was so awesome to see the heart! You could see all four chambers working. It was so cool! What an awesome God we serve!It just boggles my mind to think that people can say that this is not a baby and I could easily just get rid of it.

We saw a new doctor that day as my usual Dr is out on Fridays and recommended I get to know another doctor there. So we did. She was pretty nice and very spunky! Anyway She came in and said "So another boy!" I guess my face just fell because she then said " are you happy about that?" I looked at Jim and said "yeah it's fine. It's just that we had decided not to find out." She turned red in the face and said "Oh I'm sooo sorry! they don't usually write it in the chart if you don't want to know."

So now we know... IT'S A BOY!! Two boys and we couldn't be happier. The poor doctor kept apologizing to us. We reassured her it was OK. If it was our first one we'd be a little more upset but now we've tried it both ways.

I still like the surprise better and so does Jim. :)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness!! What a way to find out! My philosophy on finding out ahead of time is that it's still a surprise! You were definitely surprised when the doctor blurted it out weren't you? I have always preferred the 20 week surprise vs. the 40 week surprise! But I know that every one is different!

Anyway, CONGRATS!!! Another one of my friends to welcome to the all boy club! You're gonna love it!

Cheryl said...

yes I was definitely surprised. I'm liking the all boy club though!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I guess God wanted you to know, eh? Well, congrats, having 2 boys in row would be awesome!