Friday, January 29, 2010

December and January

Each day with two toddlers seems like it was busier than the last. Though I love my little boys I'm finding it very hard to keep up and not get worn out. I know it will get better as they get older and require less of my time, and then I'll miss this time. lol

It's hard to blog without pictures. I love looking at the pictures on all the blogs I follow so if you are like me and miss the pictures too, I'm sorry. I still can't find the camera cable and I asked Jim to get me one but he's been busy with other things so ...No cable. :(

I never made it to the tree festival but we did do some other things. Christmas we spent at Mom and Dad's. We had our family Christmas breakfast and presents and the Christmas story just the four of us then went over to my parents. The kids had a lot of fun and enjoy going to my parents as often as we take them. They made out like bandits with gifts though as usual. :) They even got a sled this year which was great. The problem is this winter has been really mild and we only had a week of snow before Christmas and then a day or two after Christmas... so they really haven't had a chance to enjoy the sled. Bryce did make his first snow angels and snowman, which he enjoyed. After Christmas Jim's friend Joel and his fiance' came to visit. We took them to the botanical gardens in Boise and saw all the Christmas lights. It was beautiful and the kids enjoyed it... especially the little barrel fire pits we'd go to and warm up.

We all rung in the New year as a sick family. All four of us ended up with a bad cough and cold so we went to bed early. :( We did watch a movie together which was fun. Also in January I got a new job at the Children's Therapy place. I know work every Monday for 8 hours and then every other Saturday (for Optimal Staffing) for 8-9 hours. This has been a good thing as we still own our house in Wa and were on a VERY tight budget because of it. This extra cash will help us save a down payment for a house down the road as well as give a little budget wiggle room. The down side is my weeks are a lot more busy and tiring for me.

In December for my birthday Jim got me the Wii Fit so I could work out at home. Sadly I was great at daily working out with it for three days and then haven't done much. I've been needing more sleep and just haven't been real good at it. I'm hopeful I will start up again. With working, Bible study, MOPs, and potty training Bryce I've just been out of energy for any extras.

Oh that's right! Bryce is potty trained now! well mostly. I still diaper him at nap and night but other wise he uses the potty. He even woke up and told us he had to poop! I think in the next week or so I can stop the diapers at sleep time. He's just such a deep sleeper I don't think he'd get up to go.

well now you are caught up with us. In February we will trek out to McCall for the Winter Carnival. That will be fun and maybe we can get some sledding in. :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

pictures? Please update pictures hehehe :) Love you and I am glad we talk almost weekly if not twice a week. It is great to have you in my life :)