Thursday, September 13, 2007

Look at me grow!



Bryce will be 5 months old on next Thursday. He is such a big boy weighing in to close to 17 pounds now! I love just watching him play and explore. He is a good eater too an efficient eater as the nurse said. There are several new things he has learned or experienced this month. He now consistently rolls tummy to back and can almost go back to tummy. He is pushing up onto his knees but can't quite get his arms to support him. I often find him in all kinds of crazy positions in the morning when I get him from his crib. He starts off on his tummy horizontal, I go get him in the morning and he's either on his back and vertical or diagonal or under the blanket. He's also discovered his feet and loves to grab them when he's on his back. He hasn't pulled them to his mouth yet but he would if his belly wasn't so big!

He also started this thing where strangers can hold him but only if mommy is right next to them otherwise he cries. At the bridal shower for my cousin Andrea he was a little shy and unsure of all the Aunts trying to hold him. :) what can I say except that he's a momma's boy! And that's ok with me:)

Here are a few new pictures of our sweet boy.

I can sit on the couch too!

Fun in the sun


Look! I have feet!


When we went to visit my friend Katie's boy James (Jaime) Bryce tried out Jaime's new toy. He really liked it so I got one for him.

Jim calls this the old man picture.

Here's the video of Bryce's first cereal experience.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, he's almost as big as my Monkey! He weighed in at 17 lb. 4 oz. 2 weeks ago. He's cute! Don't you just love each new stage?

Emily said...

I meant my comment to say that Bryce is cute :-) But, my type looks like I was saying that my baby is cute...sorry about that! Bryce is VERY cute!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Emily! Yes I love each new stage. Each morning I am reminded that i should be thankful for each new day. Bryce is always so excited to be awake for a new day. It's very humbling. Maddox is pretty cute too!

Emily said...

Maddox got his first tooth about the 3rd week of July (so, he would have been 5 months) and he popped his second one about 3 weeks later. In my opinion he started teething about the first week of June. So, it can take awhile! Right now he's working on his top teeth and has been at that for about 2 weeks.

Cheryl said...

wow it does take awhile! In my opinion Bryce has started teething as he has been running daily a low grade fever and is a little more fussy than normal. So maybe in a couple of weeks he'll have something to show for it.