
About a week before Easter I had to take Bryce to the ER. This makes 4 times in his life time of almost 3 years! His 3rd since moving to Idaho. They are starting to recognize us at the Mercy ER here in Idaho. I told them please don't report me to CPS. I promise I'm not hurting him! They told me " don't worry. We see lots of 2-3 years old coming in. It's just that age."
You are probably wondering what happened. Well, I just finished giving him a bath and got his jammies on. He ran into the living room and jumped on the big theraball( which we have told him not to do) and rolled forward, hitting his head right on the corner of the ottoman. This split his head about 1 inch. We went to the ER because it was after business hours and we couldn't get the bleeding to stop, plus Bryce was unable to tell us who we were. ( that was a little concerning). At the ER the bleeding slowed down and Bryce was his normal self. The Dr. had to put a staple in his head which was a little creepy. Bryce was a trooper though and hardly cried. Why a staple instead of stitches I wondered. The dr. said with this age group stitches don't work well. They don't hold still for them and they pull them out.
Here's a picture of Bryce's staple he had for a week.

No comments:
Post a Comment