Friday, November 6, 2009

Sleep and things



For about 2 months I had a hard time sleeping and waking up feeling refreshed. By the afternoon i was getting so wiped out that my evenings were very tough. I tried several things to see if I could sleep better like no coffee or caffeine for a week. Then I tried waking up at the same time every day and going to bed at the same time every day. The caffeine had no effect on me except made me appreciate it more when I got it back. :) The daily schedule seemed to help the most. I now wake up just before my alarm goes off at 6 and I get very tired at 9:30pm and go right to sleep. My next thing is to exercise in the mornings now that I'm up 2 hours before the kids. I'll let you know how that goes.
Also in all these changes we switched the boys room and the office. Our front bedroom the window doesn't seal all the way and so the room is always cold. The heat pipes are the farthest away so turning up the heat didn't help. That was the room the boys were in. Last winter they were waking up with blue lips. So I told Jim let's switch them with the office (which is always too hot with the computers and the heat on). So we did.. and with the move Bryce moved up into a regular full bed and Grant got Bryce's 3-in-1 crib. Both love the new arrangement!


No comments: