Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Time


A couple of my favorite traditions we do at Christmas time are write a Christmas letter and mail it to all our friends and family and make a bunch of cookies and other Christmas goodies to deliver to neighbors. I like writting the letter because it makes me relive the year and remember how God has blessed us and been faithful. I like baking and I'm a giver. It's one of my love languages (gifts). So taking goodies to neighbors brings me such joy! I never expect anything in return other than a thank you.

This year has been no exception. I got my baking done and delivered the plates of goodies to the neighbors on Sunday. It has been fun getting to know them and the community here is so friendly. Everyone helps each other and looks out for one another. We don't own a shovel and someone came by and shoveled the sidewalk along our house. I still don't know who did it but I was grateful.
Anyway.. back to the cookies. What turned out to just be for fun has become a surprised cookie exchange as each of the neighbors have brought US a plateful of goodies and Christmas wishes. I love it! Now I just have a small problem.. I have Christmas goodies coming out my ears and a toddler asking for "cookie" everytime he goes by the kitchen or it's time to eat!!!

This doesn't even include the plate of fudge I still have in the fridge!

No comments: