Monday, July 21, 2008

In the Eyes of a Child

Bryce always wakes up so excited. He can't wait to eat,play and see the world. It is a good reminder to me that I should wake up and be excited to see what God has in store for me that day as well as thank Him for another day. Often that is not my first thought. I would much rather turn the baby monitor off and go back to sleep.
To Bryce everything is new and exciting. He loves to water God's creation and explore all the new plants that are in bloom and eat from the garden.

maybe if I woke up with the mindset that today is a new gift from God and I have lots to explore I might have a better day. Hmmm...now there's an idea.

Lately I've just wanted to hurry through the day so I can go back to bed. This often leaves me irritable, impatient, and miserable.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing :-) It is a good reminder! Maddox always wakes up excited for each new day, too! I posted some news over on my blog, you should check it out!