Thursday, December 23, 2010

December Snow

I am finding it hard to keep up with the blog as two little boys are more than enough for me to handle. :)My mom told me once that a mother of toddlers need about 12 hours of sleep. I am sure finding that to be true as every free quiet moment I find myself dozing.

We have had a busy year filled with joy and frustration but if I had to do it again I'm not sure I would change a thing. To see God working in my life is what brings me the greatest joy. Our house in WA continues to be a source of stress and irritation. We have gotten to where caring for our family is more important than keeping the mortgage current. The tenant is of course still giving us no money and lots of stress. We are praying come the new year he will be out, we will win the suit and get the money he owes, sell the house and put that fiasco behind us. Even with all that we still see God working in our lives, Jim has a good job and is in a good spot for a promotion, I don't have to work and can stay home with the boys, we have been able to provide for the family, and we are learning to solely rely on Our Lord God. Great place to be!

On the flip side we have been able to have very enjoyable vacations with family and friends. Our 6 year anniversary was wonderful. Jim surprised me and took me away for the evening and we spent the night in a romantic retro hotel. :) I love that man!!

We had snow this year and the boys have so much fun sledding and having snowball fights. They also thought it was great to play at the park in their snow suits. Going down the slide was never so much fun. It is hard not to grin when I watch them play in the snow!

This Christmas is going to be the best in a long time. My family is getting together at my parents. Jon and his new wife, Marlies and her husband, the four of us, and my parents all under the same roof. Dad is going to show old home videos of our traveling, we're going skiing Christmas day as was our tradition growing up, and just lots of games and laughter. I hope and pray getting together like this will happen more often. I love my family!

No comments: