Friday, October 29, 2010

Allergy Laser treatments

For those that don't know, I have struggled with allergies and asthma for 15+ years. I have tried pretty much everything to help: Allergy shots, diet, avoidance, medications. Nothing seemed to really help. I have my asthma fairly under control. I had a great doctor in Vienna Austria to thank for that. He taught me how to listen to my body and learning warning signs and the best time to take my inhaler. Thanks to him I have only used my inhaler maybe 3 times a year versus weekly.:)

After moving to Idaho , I started a new job. After being with them 6 months I got moved from Boise clinic to Nampa clinic. This was a great move for me as it meant shorter commute, less hours and more time with the kids. It also meant I'd be sharing a building with a chiropractor well known for his Wellness style. Dr Edwards believes the body is able to heal itself if encouraged. He also is one of the few that has studied laser treatments for allergies. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when I read/heard that. Laser treatments?

So after being there a month or two I started talking to the receptionist about the laser treatments. She sent some info home with me. After reading it I thought" this sure sounds hokie but what have I to loose?" So I hung around and asked some patients and red testimonies. One guy was severely allergic to the ink on newspapers so he hadn't read one for 20 years. After 10 laser allergy treatments he is now able to read the newspaper daily with no reaction. Another lady learned she wasn't allergic to cats but to a food. After the laser treatments she was able to
keep her cat.

I looked into insurance. Of course my insurance is lousy and I would have to pay out of pocket unless my 6000 dollar deductible was met. So after talking to Grandma she offered to pay so I started my treatments.

No comments: